ADSM-L

Re: New Win32 v3 ptf5-refresh client..A better mouse trap.

1998-08-26 15:59:04
Subject: Re: New Win32 v3 ptf5-refresh client..A better mouse trap.
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:59:04 -0400
I'm sorry that you feel this way, but in reality it is through the formal
requirement process that it does *not* fall into oblivion. When a requirement
comes in from your branch office, we *have* to respond to you on it. When a
requirement is submitted via ADSM-L, it may not even be seen (by the right ADSM
developers).

When we do hear requirements like this on ADSM-L, we often make note of them
for future use. The difference is that we won't necessarily get back to you
with a response, unlike the formal process which *requires* a response.

I apologize if my response came/comes across as cold or uncaring, but if you
look at my track record for participation on this forum (as well as for other
ADSM developers), I think you'll see that we really do care about our
customers. And don't forget, I was an ADSM customer myself for over 2 years,
and I haven't forgotten that. But I also have to be careful (for reasons mostly
legal) that I don't set an expectation that we *will* (or won't) change this,
nor do I want to set the expectation that ADSM-L is how requirements should be
submitted to IBM.

That said, consider your suggestion noted (as it was originally). I can't
promise if it will be delivered or when, but it'll be considered. In the mean
time, if you want to be sure it is entered into our formal requirements
database (that we do look at and respond to), you can do as I originally
recommended.

Sincerely,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 08/26/98 12:02:41 PM