ADSM-L

Re: Remote installation of NT scheduler service

1998-08-26 12:43:03
Subject: Re: Remote installation of NT scheduler service
From: Phil Chissell <phil.chissell AT NATPOWER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 16:43:03 -0000
Doug

Thanks for your reply, however, I still can't get this to work as it is
still seems unable to find the specified client options file.

Looking at the documentation, it refers to the CLIENTDIR parameter as;
"directory should be relative to the target machine where the service is
installed" whereas the OPTFILE parameter does not refer to a target
machine except to say that "the default is dsm.opt in the /CLIENTDIR
directory."

I have tried the command both with and without the OPTFILE parameter but
still can't get this to work.  I'm assuming the OPTFILE is specifying
the dsm.opt file on the remote machine, NOT the local machine??

Could you perhaps send me an example of how you are using this?

Regards

Phil

Phil Chissell
National Power plc