ADSM-L

Re: Querying the A Drive

1998-08-26 11:29:31
Subject: Re: Querying the A Drive
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:29:31 -0400
The latest V3 Win32 client GUI (version 3.1.0.5, which was just refreshed
yesterday) has a backup tree that displays "Local", "Network", and "Removable"
file systems. If you just work with the "Local" drives, I'm pretty sure that we
don't look at the floppy since it is a removable drive.

About the second problem: I vaguely recall similar issues in the Windows 3.1x
environment. In those cases, launching ADSM caused internet applications (like
a web browser, or something like that) to be launched. This was because
installation of the internet application caused a new TCP/IP stack for that
application to get installed (I think it got installed in a separate path from
the normal TCP/IP stack, but the path configuration caused the new stack to be
used by default). Going back to the normal stack resolved the problem. My
memory is a bit fuzzy on the details (it's been a few years since I've seen
this), but I think I got the gist of it right.

Anyway, maybe something like this is happening in your user's case?

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division