ADSM-L

Re: VM tape drive unit addresses

1998-08-25 14:27:37
Subject: Re: VM tape drive unit addresses
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 14:27:37 EDT
In article <ADSM-L%1998082511235997 AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>, Donn Wolf <dwolf AT
NMU DOT EDU>
says:

>I've been trying to find where the tape drive unit addresses are discussed
>in the manuals. I receive a mount message for unit address 400 when
>migrating to tape. I need to set up some execs to dynamically attach a
>specific address to dsmserv from another virtual machine and can't find any
>documentation on how dsmserv handles attach/detach during mount processing.
>The example exit contained some code relating to this but it doesn't answer
>all my questions.
>
>Is this documented anywhere?
>Donn Wolf

Hello Donn

The ins and outs of the vm adsm server mount exits are in the book
"ADSTAR Distriubted Storage manager for VM, Administrator's Guide Version
 Version 2". Look at chapt 5 Using Exit Machines.

 If you have vmtape there were several folks who posted sample execs
 for the dsmmount and dsm delete processes.
 If you need them I can send you copies of ours.

 len
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513