ADSM-L

"ANS1256E Cannot make file/directory" during backup

1998-08-25 15:07:45
Subject: "ANS1256E Cannot make file/directory" during backup
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE.CO DOT AT>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:07:45 +0100
Hi to all,

One of my scheduled backups (client: WIndows NT) returns the following
messages in DSMERROR.LOG

TransWin32RC(): Win32 RC 123 from fioScanDirEntry(): getFileSecurityInfo

PrivIncrFileSpace: Received rc=167 from fioGetDirEntries:  C:  \WINNTT01

ANS1256E Cannot make file/directory.

Returncode 123 means:
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

Returncode 167 means:
Unable to lock a region of a file.

The scheduler is running under the system account. The text
"getFileSecurityInfo" makes me feel that some kind of authorization is
missing.
Should I talk to our Windows NT guru's?

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
MAIL:   thomas.rupp AT illwerke.co DOT at
TEL:    ++43/5574/4991-251
FAX:    ++43/5574/4991-820-8251