ADSM-L

Querying the A Drive

1998-08-25 10:49:09
Subject: Querying the A Drive
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:49:09 -0500
Don't ask me why, but I have a customer who would prefer it if ADSM didn't
check the A: drive when the GUI is first initiated.  I think they don't like
the noise it makes and since they won't ever be backing anything up from the
A: drive they don't want to listen to it.  Anyway, being the good support
person I strive to be, I thought I'd ask if anybody knows a way to have it
stop doing that?  We tried  DOMAIN C: D: in the options file, but it still
goes to check the A: drive.  We're a version 2 Windows 94 32-bit Intel client
and version 2 VM server.

This person also has another problem - When the ADSM GUI is initiated a
product they're using on their workstation called, Midrange Workspace
launches and attempts to connect to an AS400 machine.  Has anybody every
heard of this or have any thoughts on what might be going on?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Betsy