ADSM-L

Re: Win32 client bug!!

1998-08-24 10:39:54
Subject: Re: Win32 client bug!!
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:39:54 -0400
Can someone tell me if this problem be circumvented by specifying that
pruned log entries are to be Discarded?  I.e.,

SCHEDLOGRETENTION 30 D

The APAR does not indicate anything about this, but I figured if the
problem has to do with the pruning log getting too large that specifying a
"D" to discard the pruned entries might just be a workaround.

We unfortunately need to deploy a V3 NT client (for NT servers that backup
Mac filespaces).  We view this bug as a serious one, and not pruning the
log file will lead to other problems on the server.

Thanks.
..Paul

PS: I don't have an NT system handy to try this on, or I'd have tried it
myself!