ADSM-L

Plasmon & AIX

1998-08-24 09:38:36
Subject: Plasmon & AIX
From: caglar iskender <e106162 AT ORCA.CC.METU.EDU DOT TR>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:38:36 +0300
        Hi to all, I'm on my summer practice and I'm asked to setup &
configure ADSM on an RS/6000 *AIX 4.2* that will use a Plasmon M104J
optical jukebox (I think it is identical to IBM 3995 Library) ADSM 2.1.5
is already installed on the system but I may go back to 2.1.0 because of
some problems between IBM & my university. At this point I would like to
ask a few question that will reduce my future efforts considerably.

1. I couldn't see *specificly* Plasmon M104J on the supported device list
but I know IBM 3995 is almost same and it IS supported. In addition I can
use Plasmon M104J with AIX drivers on RS/6000. Further, I read from the
manual that it is recommended to use ADSM's own drivers. What should be my
first step about the optical jukebox? Anyone using a Plasmon M104J?

2. Is there a way from 2.1.0 to 2.1.5 using patches ?

3. I'm planning to patch 2.1.0 to ptf level 6,9,12,18. Do I have to patch
them consecutively or only ptf level 18 is enough? (I mean first 9 then 12
then 18 OR just 18)

        Thank you for your time and effort. I hope none of you would need
to restore anything. :)