ADSM-L

Re: How does ADSM schedule Tape units for retrieve/restore

1998-08-20 07:51:36
Subject: Re: How does ADSM schedule Tape units for retrieve/restore
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:51:36 +0100
No - only by reducing your client session timeout :  until that timeout
passes the client hold the tape open (in case another file is wanted).

I put in a request over 2 years ago to ask for a parameter to allow us to
choose say a client tape resource timeout separately - so I wouldn't hold
your breath for a new feature.

I set client session timeout at 15 minutes and idle timeout at 5 minutes; I
would set client resource timeout at 5 minutes as well (if there was one).

Best wishes, Sheelagh
Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Oxford University Computing Services     Tel:   +44 (0)1865 273205
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN, UK     Fax:   +44 (0)1865 273275