ADSM-L

Re: scheduling of copypool reclamation?

1998-08-19 13:45:55
Subject: Re: scheduling of copypool reclamation?
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:45:55 -0500
You either add a bunch of logic to your script to issue 'q stg name'
commands to see when reclamation is done, or you can see which tapes need to
be reclaimed and issue 'mov data' against each one.

However, if your reuse delay on the offsite pool is > 0, then you don't need
to worry about the database backup being 100% current for things like
offsite tape reclamation.  The tapes that get reclaimed are "pending" and
could still be used for the recovery.  So, as long you take another database
backup before the reclaimed tapes become empty and available for reuse,
you'll be fine.  This is how we handle it.

Tina Hilton