ADSM-L

DR question: How do I sync up 2 V3.1 Level0.3 servers for DR.

1998-08-19 10:15:16
Subject: DR question: How do I sync up 2 V3.1 Level0.3 servers for DR.
From: "Amerman, Anthony S." <ASAmerman AT LEGGMASON DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 10:15:16 -0400
Ok,
 I have the primary server on site, I'm doing the copypools and getting
them off site as needed.
 The primary has a STK9714 Library on it with 100 cells.
 The other server (dr1) is at the Sunguard site with one DLT drive
attached to it.

 I have heard that with V3 you can sync up the two servers so that when
I do move to dr1 it will have the current volume history, node
information and other info so that it would take a small amount of work
to get the system able to retrieve data from the copypool tapes that
have been brought there (like removing the library devices and making
sure it understands that it has one
tape drive).
Am I totally off track or is this possible? If it's possible, I can't
find it in the Admin. Guide in the DR chapter at all.  The only thing
that I can find is adding the DR1 server as a dev class for the primary.

Can anyone direct me on this?

Thanks

Shane

Anthony Shane Amerman