ADSM-L

Re: FW: ADSM Exchange backup failiure

1998-08-19 09:38:28
Subject: Re: FW: ADSM Exchange backup failiure
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:38:28 -0400
Jan,

As we discussed...

The bug that your Microsoft contact is referring to
is NOT the one that you need to apply.
The fix is NOT in an available service pack yet and
is NOT in a KB article yet.

You need to apply the following bug/hotfix:

   Exch. Release  Bug#     Exch.Service Pack
   =============  =======  =====================================
   5.5            66198    Exch. SP2 (NOT YET AVAILABLE!)
   5.0            66942    Exch. SP3 (NOT YET AVAILABLE! ?)
   4.0            66943    (HOTFIX only - not in a service pack)

As you can see, this fix is not available in a service pack
so you MUST obtain the HOTFIX and apply it to resolve the
hang problems that you are seeing during backup.

Your Microsoft contact is referring to the KB for bug numbers
61654 (5.5), 63280 (5.0), and 63281 (4.0).  This is a
separate problem.

Thanks.

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Del,

This is the reaction of Microsoft to your comment on the bug in MS Exchange.
Can
you comment on this?

Jan