ADSM-L

SQL Backtrack

1998-08-18 12:49:43
Subject: SQL Backtrack
From: Virginia Hysock <Virginia_L_Hysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 12:49:43 -0400
Hi all,

     Anyone out there very versed on SQL-Backtrack?  We have a few servers that
are backed up with ADSM, then an SQL backup of a sybase database through the
ADSM
client, then a restore of the backed up file to another server.  It's all very
confusing to me.  All has worked well until last night, when one file failed to
restore with a ANS1302E (RC2) No objects on server match query - error message.
When we do a show version the file shows as:

     BACKTRACK:sbackups.adsm:/MarketLink_Sybase/
vantive_assure-0.17-08-1998.20:43:04-56780

but the restore operation fails with the above error message, attempting to
restore the file as:

     BACKTRACK:
sbackups.adsm:/MarketLink_Sybase/vantive_assure-0.17-08-1998.20:43:04-56780

     Yeah, I know.  The difference is that the show version file has a space
after
the '/' before 'vantive', and the SQL version is without the space.  Can anyone
help me understand where the SQL version is initiated from?  How can the syntax
be
different?

                         Thanks,

                         Ginny