ADSM-L

Re: Moving data from 3490 to DLT

1998-08-17 17:32:00
Subject: Re: Moving data from 3490 to DLT
From: Dan Giles <Dan_Giles AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:32:00 -0400
Hi Mike,

What you want to do depends on how much data you have in the 3590 pools.
Most of what I'm going to say (type, actually) is the same.

Mark your Backuptapepool to readonly. Update your Backuppool pool to point
to Backup-DLT-tape as its next storage pool. Issues backup stg commands to
go from Backup-DLT-tape to Copy-DLT-tape. Keep this up for a while (days,
weeks, months, depending on the amount of data in the 3590 storage pools)
and let normal reclamation continue on the 3590 pools.

Once the 3590 pools are down to a workable level, perform the following
steps:
move data <volume in Backuptapepool> stg=Backup-DLT-tape
(repeat this for each volume in Backuptapepool)
backup stg Backup-DLT-tape Copy-DLT-tape
delete the Copytape storage pool
delete the Backuptapepool storage pool

You can now get rid of the 3590s.

I'm currious. Why are you getting rid of the 3590s? How many do you have?
Can I have them?

From: Michael Richard <Michael_Richard AT COMPUWARE DOT COM> on 08/17/98 06:12
PM
      GMT