ADSM-L

Re: ANR1163W

1998-08-14 09:38:48
Subject: Re: ANR1163W
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 09:38:48 -0400
On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Shafiee A. Jalil wrote:
> During reclemation I keep getting the following message:
>
> 08/14/1998 11:01:38  ANR1163W Offsite volume 000113 still contains
> files which could not be moved.
>
> The message above appears for several of our volumes.
> What is the problem and what should we do?

You can either do a q vol f=d on all of your primary tapes, looking for
tapes that have an "Access=Unavailable", or restart your server.  Upon
startup, ADSM will display all volumes that are marked read-only or
unavailable.  Once you find the unavailable volumes, if they are truly
accessable, then "upd vol nnnnn acc=readw".  If they are missing, lost,
stolen, damaged, then mark them damaged, and run a restore volume.  In
both cases, once you have resolved the primary volume, rerun reclaimation,
or just do a "move data 000113".

Hope this helps,

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,