ADSM-L

BAre Metal Restore for OS/2 with V3 client

1998-08-13 09:09:50
Subject: BAre Metal Restore for OS/2 with V3 client
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 09:09:50 -0400
Date:     August 13, 1998               Time: 8:54 AM
From:     Jerry Lawson
          The Hartford Insurance Group
(860)  547-2960          jlawson AT thehartford DOT com
For those of you who have been on the List for a while, you may remember that
For those of you who have been on the List for a while, you may remember that
I did a lot of work with OS/2 disaster recovery for ADSM V1 and V2.
Unfortunately, I no longer use OS/2 myself, and so my interest in doing
disaster recovery/bare metal restores has slipped.  Until now, that is, when
an OS/2 bigot who is using Warp V4 and the ADSM V3 client.  And worse yet -
he's bigger than me!

He tried to do our bare metal restores, but it seems that the command line
interface (DSMC) for V3 now needs the OS/2 shell to run - calls all sorts of
DLLs like DSOM.... We looked at the redbook bare metal book, but it was using
the V2 client as well.  Has anyone done a Bare Metal restore on OS/2 with the
V3 client?  Do you have any documentation or experiences you can share?

Signed:
Perplexed in Hartford