ADSM-L

Re: BACKINT vs SQL Backtrack

1998-08-11 16:46:26
Subject: Re: BACKINT vs SQL Backtrack
From: "Lynch, Rich" <Lynch.Rich AT MBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:46:26 -0500
WE've been live with SAP 3.1G (3.1.H Kernel) since Jan 1 - we have 5 SAP
instances, our PRD instance is about 80 gig right now, we back it up in
2.5 hours across a SP2 switch to ADSM 3.1.5 on a wide node with 4 SCSI 2
F/W 3590 tape drives on two SCSI cards.  The 3590's are inside a 3494
robot. Backint 2.2.5.1 has been real good to us - we've tested it quite
thoroughly and have used it to do DB copies from PRD to our MNT system
numerous times, and were going to test DR again with it in 2 weeks.  Its
easy to setup in ADSM, and it does its own DB version management -
expiring old DB archive copies automatically. Make sure your on the
latest version of backint and make sure your up to date on ADSM server
ptfs and you'll be fine.