ADSM-L

Query on File Expiration

1998-08-10 17:27:43
Subject: Query on File Expiration
From: Paul Sales <TEXROX AT UVVM.UVIC DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 14:27:43 PDT
File Expiration does not seem to be working as I expected.  This was brought to
my attention when reviewing the results of the EXPIRE INVENTORY command.  The
number of backup files deleted seemed too low.

On one NT box I have a file adsm.mdb which has 8 inactive versions on the server
dating back to July 10, 98 (today is Aug 10).
With the backup copy group below I would have thought that backup copies older
than 14 days would hve been removed from the server by the expiration process.

Any help would be appreciated, I am sure I am overlooking something, but cannot
see what.

              Copy Destination: BACKUPPOOL
Last Update by (administrator): HELPDESK
         Last Update Date/Time: 1998.04.14 11:56:32
Last Update by (administrator): HELPDESK
         Last Update Date/Time: 1998.04.14 11:56:26

            Policy Domain Name: UVIC_BACKUP
               Policy Set Name: STD_OFFICE
               Mgmt Class Name: RESEARCH
               Copy Group Name: STANDARD