ADSM-L

Re: Linux Backup client available

1998-08-10 14:32:39
Subject: Re: Linux Backup client available
From: Michelle Duncan - NCS NSO <micki AT SYNOPSYS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:32:39 -0700
> On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Laszlo Nemeth wrote:
> > Ok what about a non-supported version for NetApp Boxes?
> > That would make my life so much nicer and backups run so much faster

I attended the International Storage Systems Symposium last week in
San Francisco and posed that problem to Karen Dutch, Project Director
for ADSM.  There are currently no plans to have a NetApp client is
the outcome I got.  She maintains that NFS mounting is the way to go.

Big problem from my end is we are one of NetApps largest customers
with 70+ NetApp boxes and growing at an unbelievable rate.  70+
filers NFS mounted to our ADSM server is NOT working.  I'm hoping
that our v3 upgrade this week and the addition of fault tolerance
will help to get my filers backed up.

Michelle Duncan                           micki AT synopsys DOT com
Storage Systems Administrator            pager: 650.940.3353
Synopsys, Inc.                           phone: 650.943.5464

 "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if
            you just sit there."  --Will Rogers