ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and DHCP

1998-08-10 13:07:07
Subject: Re: ADSM and DHCP
From: Peter Thomas <Peter_Thomas AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 13:07:07 -0400
Jennifer

If I were you, I would exclude the actual NT "DHCP" database from the ADSM
backup, but ensure that the directory where DHCP takes in's own "internal"
backups of the database were backed up.

In the case of NT 4, I believe that the "true" database is in
\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DHCP, and the backup gets greated into the
\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DHCP\BACKUP directory.

By default, this backups is created every 60 minutes. This can be changed
by the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DhcpServer\Parameters\
BackupInterval

and the location by the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DhcpServer\Parameters\
BackupDatabasePath7

Peter Thomas