ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-L question

1998-08-10 09:48:15
Subject: Re: ADSM-L question
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 09:48:15 EDT
From: Mike Knight, IBM GS Central, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                             KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

This is normally a problem with a mail server at one site sending a
reply to each message which the mail server then distributes.  Often
it is due to someone setting an "I am on vacation" option.  In this
case it appears an IBM mail server was down or turned off.

I was also thinking it might be something with my IBM mail system, since
nobody else was complaining, until I went to the list archive and saw all
the messages there.  In general, there are two things that can be done.
  1. Send a message directly to the person causing the problem or the
     postmaster for that location.
  2. Send a message directly to Martha McConaghy with a copy of the
     offending posting.  She can remove that address from the list.
     Martha's address is urmm AT vm.marist DOT edu.

This particular problem may be solved since the last duplicate posting
appears to be 08/08/98.

    Mike (Just another user) Knight

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998 07:15:33 -0500, Moir,Betsy asked:

>I've been getting this same error message for every note on the ADSM-L list
>for a couple of days now.  Not being very LISTSERV or e-mail literate can
>someone tell me if this is something I should be checking out at my end?
      .
      .