ADSM-L

Re: ftp site for NetWare Backup/Recovery Guide

1998-08-09 04:01:01
Subject: Re: ftp site for NetWare Backup/Recovery Guide
From: Campbell Esplin <Campbell AT KINGSLEY.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 10:01:01 +0200
Jim, this may sound unforgiving....but are there plans to have a similar
doc for Netware V4 assembled? Most of my clients are on that level and
we're really having severe problems with elementary ADSM functions...like
page fault exceptions when doing a DSMC SEL. IBM sits with a call I opened
on Friday when we attempted a SELECTIVE backup and almost found the
weekends work cancelled when we ran into the error. You know the INCR
always approach works fine otherwise. We did wonders using ADSM over the
weekend.

Keep well.

Regards
Campbell Esplin
http://www.excal.co.za
----------
> From: Jim Smith <spikes AT US.IBM DOT COM>
> From: Jim Smith <spikes AT US.IBM DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: ftp site for NetWare Backup/Recovery Guide
> Date: Friday, August 07, 1998 12:48 AM
>
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for all of the requests for the ADSM NetWare Backup and Recovery
Guide.
> I am sorry that this bogged-down the listserv; this thread has appeared
before
> and it was usually only one or two requests ...
>
> The document can be obtained via ftp:
> http://index.storsys.ibm.com/adsm/temp/ntwback.htm
>
> Let me answer all the questions that were sent in conjunction with the
requests:

> *  This document will eventually find a home on the ADSM home page on the
net,
> either under white papers or under documents.  I don't have the means to
put
> the document there at this time, so it is on the ftp server.  We will
also
> continue shipping the document with the NetWare client, as was done with
ADSM