ADSM-L

Re: SQL Connector

1998-08-07 11:52:35
Subject: Re: SQL Connector
From: jason <warwickj.powerhouse AT DIAL.PIPEX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 16:52:35 +0100
If I use this method the database device is not backedup

I think I need to use a routine similar to the following:

1. Periodically backup the entire NT Server (once a week), including the SQL
devices by running Scheduled ADSM server backup that executes a script on
the target node stopping the SQL service, which enables the SQL devices to
be copied. Another script needs to be executed after the backup has finished
to start the SQL services.

2. A daily backup of the server that also runs a script, this time executing
the Connect Agent for SQL command line to back-up up the SQL databases after
an incremental server backup. The server backup in this case will NOT
back-up the SQL device as the SQL service is still running denying ADSM
access to the device.

The difficulty I am having with this routine is to specify the different
scripts to execute. The .OPT file allows a pre & post script to be run but I
need to run  a 3rd script for my periodic full backup when I need to stop
the SQL service.
How do I specify a script using the Administrative Client GUI (NT)?

Help !

Jason Warwick