ADSM-L

Help me! Restore NT files to unix.

1998-08-06 22:37:08
Subject: Help me! Restore NT files to unix.
From: "Mark Brown (CC Operations Supervisor)" <CCMB AT MUSICA.MCGILL DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 22:37:08 EDT
Hello,

I want to

#1 Get a list of all files from node2 to node1.

#2 Restore the files from node2 to node1

I am using node1 to list node2 files. Node1 and node2 are diff. sys.

node1 = a unix sys

node2 = a NT sys

Yes folks. The systems differ.

I am certainly having problems with filespace names and destination.

Node2 (nt) name=xxxxx     node1(unix) name=yyyyy
filespace name               whocares

CPDS_System
servercplus

NOTE: The filespace names have no "/" in front of them!

From node1 I have tried many different things but cannot restore the
iles. NEVER mind the system diffrence. I want them restored from an NT
system to a UNIX system.

No BS please from manuals!! I've tried them all but keep running into
syntax errors.

I want all files from node2 restored to node1 in a directory of my
choosing. WHAT IS THE #$#$#@!@! syntax.

Node2 has files. Node1 has the rights to get them.

Or at least:::::::How do I list file from node2 to node1  ?????

Who can help me?

Thank You,
  Mark Brown, Operations Supervisor
  McGill University, Computing Centre