ADSM-L

Re: ADSM HSM Functions on WinNT

1998-08-06 04:37:53
Subject: Re: ADSM HSM Functions on WinNT
From: Bruno Friess <bfriess AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 08:37:53 +0000
From ADSM development we have currently HSM on AIX, SGI IRIX and SUN Solaris.
HSM is a 'special sort' of ADSM client and must be licensed at the Server side,
but this has nothing to do, if and where HSM is installed.

On Windows NT 4.0 there is the problem, that NT has no API for the HSM
functionality. But nevertheless, there exists a third party vendor product of
Eastman Kodak Development called 'Advanced Storage' for NT and Novell, which
works with ADSM. For details, please have a look at:
http://www.eastmansoftware.com/products/Storage/pr_sto_osdata.htm

Best Regards / Freundliche Gruesse / Amicalement
Bruno Friess

Advanced Technical Support  ADSM

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 08/06/98 09:20:49 AM