ADSM-L

SendW as a Session State

1998-08-05 20:48:45
Subject: SendW as a Session State
From: "Fackler, Dave" <Dave.Fackler AT SEA.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 20:48:45 -0400
I'm trying to do restores using the ADSM Exchange Agent (the saga
continues!)  I can successfully do small restores of the Directory (total
DIR database size is only about 10MB).  However, when I try to restore the
Information Store databases, the session fires up (and shows up using the
Admin Client), but never gets any further than transferring about 345K from
the server.  Then, the session goes into a session state of "SendW" and sits
there.  I watched it accumulate time in that state up to about 1.5 hours
before I killed the session.  No other sessions or processes were running
within ADSM.

I'm using ADSM Server ver 2.1.0.6 on an IBM/390 MVS mainframe.  I'm using
the ADSMConnect Agent for Exchange ver 1.1.0.0 on top of Windows NT Server
4.0 with SP3 and Exchange 5.5.  The IS databases that I'm trying to restore
are probably located within my tape storage pool since I have a 50MB file
size limit set on my disk storage pool.  Does the "SendW" state indicate
that the session is waiting on a tape?  It thought the session state for
that was "MediaW" (which I've seen before).  Again, no other processes or
sessions were running, so I don't think the session was waiting on a tape or
anything like that.

Thoughts?

Dave Fackler