ADSM-L

Re: ADSM automatic password change on AIX 4.1.5 system

1998-08-05 18:46:52
Subject: Re: ADSM automatic password change on AIX 4.1.5 system
From: Peter Gathercole <peter.gathercole AT VIRGIN DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 23:46:52 +0100
PASSWORD=GENERATE does still work, even with NODENAME set, I have used it to
let one of my systems masquerade as another when restoring a full system (for
a DR exercise.) It expected the password for the original system, and then
used this for all subsequent accesses. As soon as NODENAME was removes, it
asked me for the password for the REAL name of the second system

Peter Gathercole
Open Systems Consultant.