ADSM-L

Re: ADSM automatic password change on AIX 4.1.5 system

1998-08-05 09:35:39
Subject: Re: ADSM automatic password change on AIX 4.1.5 system
From: Wayne Norris <wjnorris AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 09:35:39 -0400
Hi Richard

      I have recently had a similar problem
      What worked for me was
             Erase the PW file on the client
             Issue a dsmc q sch     or       dsmc q sched          command
depending on client type
             when prompted give it the password
             Start the scheduler -- If it doesn't ask for a PW  again it worked
(usually)
             NOTE: on a few clients, it also took changing the PW to a
different PW before this
                  would work.

Wayne Norris
"I can give you a six word formula for success
              Think it through - follow through."
TL (444) 254-9611