ADSM-L

Fwd: Can't run incr backups from os2 command prompt.

1998-08-04 16:23:25
Subject: Fwd: Can't run incr backups from os2 command prompt.
From: Chris Wagner <cwagner AT NMU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 16:23:25 -0400
In answer to my own question, when you change the extension from .BAT to
.CMD it loads the OS2 session.

>Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 15:47:27 -0400
>To: adsm-l
>From: Chris Wagner <cwagner AT nmu DOT edu>
>Subject: Can't run incr backups from os2 command prompt.
>
>Hello,
>
>We've just started using ADSM to backup Oracle servers here running
Windows NT and things are going well. The backups are done using a batch
command at the system command prompt or the batch file is scheduled to run
using a scheduler provided with Oracle.

>We would like to set things up the same way for an Oracle server running
IBM's OS/2 and that doesn't appear to be an option. When we try to run a
similar batch file in OS/2 we get a response back:

>This program cannot be run from a DOS session.
>
>We get this message in either a DOS or OS/2 window. The command in the
batch file is:

>dsmc incr -pass=12345 f:
>
>Is it possible to set up the backups like the other Oracle servers running
Windows NT? If not, do you have some recommendations?
Chris Wagner
cwagner AT nmu DOT edu
Ph.906-227-1961
Fx.906-227-2247