ADSM-L

Re: Server Abending

1998-08-04 11:54:54
Subject: Re: Server Abending
From: Virginia Hysock <Virginia_L_Hysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 11:54:54 -0400
Bill,

     Thanks for your reply.  The maxsessions is set to equal the number of
clients; we have, in the past, had sessions denied due to maxing out this value
and it is considered unacceptable in my environment to have this occur.

     As for the logpool size, my logpool wait % is also 0.0% (which I guess it
should be at such a large size).  The fact is, none of these pool sizes were
changed upon upgrading to 3.1.  The server ran just fine under 32MB region size
under 2.1.

     I have also noted that almost all of the abend messages indicate 'out of
space' conditions, and that they all occurred during tape processing.  After
midnite I send all backups to a disk pool first, and the server has been running
fine since 22:30 last night.  Seems as though it may have something to do with
tape. (Perhaps a mountlimit set to 24?).

                              Ginny