ADSM-L

Antwort: Backup of 7.5GB Exchange Database Failing

1998-08-04 12:03:38
Subject: Antwort: Backup of 7.5GB Exchange Database Failing
From: Katja Maus <katja-k.maus AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 17:03:38 +0100
Hey Dave,
I am also new in the ADSM World and I am not sure, if I may help you. We are not
in Production with ADSM yet, so perhaps my suggestions are all iditioc.
What about the Scratch Tapes and the reclamation of unused space on used tapes ?
Is it possible, that the 33 % empty space is somewhere in little bits on the
tapes, but there is no scratch tape or a less filled tape where the server can
put the stuff on ?
Which Tape Media you are using ? 3590 / 3490 ? Could a "filling" tape take the
7.5 GB on it ? Otherwise you would need more filling tapes, or scratch tapes.
I hope that somebody with more experience answer you, so I may learn more about
this problem.

Hope you get the solution quickly.

Ciao, Katja