ADSM-L

CLIENTOPT INCLEXCL

1998-07-31 15:16:10
Subject: CLIENTOPT INCLEXCL
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 14:16:10 -0500
Hi all,
I have 2 questions about setting a clientopt include statement for a
CLOPTSET
I had a Novell server and an NT server that I wanted to backup to a
different management class (different tape pool) for a disaster recovery
test.  I added this statement to a cloptset defined to them:
include ?:*   dstrclass
This seemed to work for the NT server but not the Novell.
I made that sequence number 1, and added a new one for sequence 0:
include *:/.../*  dstrclass
That still made no effect on the Novell.   Both includes  have No client
override.

I finally added the    include  *:/.../ *  dstrclass    to the DSM.OPT on
the Novell machine, and that did it.

1.  How should I have set up the include in the cloptset so that I wouldn't
have had to put it in the DSM.OPT on the Novell machiine?
2. On the NT machine, where it seemed to work, I believe there was a DIRMC
in the DSM.OPT that must have overrode my clientopt, because during the
disaster recovery test, I had files but no directories.   Apparently the
include ?:* dstrclass  with no override  was overridden by the DIRMC.   Is
that working as designed?

Thanks,
Julie