ADSM-L

Re: One more time: admin schedules?

1998-07-31 09:11:12
Subject: Re: One more time: admin schedules?
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 08:11:12 -0500
DRM doesn't care how the backups get done.  The recovery plan that's
generated just contains the tapes needed to restore the database and local
storage pools.  Just make sure it gets generated after your backups and 'mov
drm' commands, and everything should be fine.

We don't use the ADSM scheduler at all, except for a few mundane
administrative commands.  We only back up RS6000 boxes (and not that many of
those), so it's easy to contain.  We use a scheduling package from Platinum
from Autosys so we can have dependencies between jobs.