ADSM-L

Re: Re[2]: Admin deleted, job not run

1998-07-30 19:29:09
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Admin deleted, job not run
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 09:29:09 +1000
Hi,

Time for my 2 cents worth.

I have no problem with schedules being associated with administrators,
and those schedules not being able to run if the administator is
deleted. However, I do have a problem with not being told that something
I am about to do ie delete an administator, is going to have an adverse
affect on my ADSM server. And I think that is is unreasonable to have to
remember to check for these sorts of things. We have a few dozen
administrators with enough privilege to add/update schedule (mostly
within a single domain) and maybe 100 scheduled events.

What I'd like to see is that when a 'remove admin' is performed, a check
should be made that there are no schedules associated with that
administator. I see it working along the lines of a 'remove node' where
a check is made that there is no data stored against that node.

Trevor