ADSM-L

Oracle ConnectAgent on WindowsNT

1998-07-30 10:18:00
Subject: Oracle ConnectAgent on WindowsNT
From: Matthias Brasch <M.Brasch AT HEW DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 16:18:00 +0200
High ADSM'ers,

we've just installed the 'try and buy'-version of the adsm-connect-agent for
oracle on WindowsNT.
The installation ran well, I can use the 'aobpswd' program and get an
connection to my adsm-server.
But when running the oracle-ebu-script ( oracle 7.3.4 )  we get the error
'sbtinit' failed in the script.
The message tells us to use the BACKUP_DIR setting. When setting this
variable to 'd:\' the job
runs but the files are backed up to disk instead of to be sent to adsm.
I'm no oracle-expert but it seems to me that this is an oracle/ebu problem,
but what I don't understand is  how the
connection between oracle and the connect-agent should work ( named pipes ?
).
We already use the oracle/adsm connection in the sun/unix world and made
good experience with it.
Is there anybody out there who knows what to do in the NT-world??

best regards,

Matthias Brasch, HEW Hamburg