ADSM-L

Re: Incremental by Date

1998-07-29 11:31:00
Subject: Re: Incremental by Date
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 08:31:00 -0700
Incremental by date works the same as full incremental backup except for
the following:

It does not back up files whose last changed date and time is older than
the last incremental backup, even if the files are new to your
workstation.

It does not expire backup versions of files on the server for files that
have been deleted from your workstation. ADSM expires backup versions by
changing them to inactive.

It does not re-bind backup versions to different management classes if
you have changed management class assignments.

It does not back up files whose only changes are to attributes which do
not update the modification dates and times of files.

It does not check the copy frequency attribute of the backup copy group.

Note: It is recommended that you run full incremental backups
periodically to bring the ADSM server in line with your workstation's
status.