ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Agent Backup via "at" Command

1998-07-29 07:52:06
Subject: Re: Exchange Agent Backup via "at" Command
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 07:52:06 -0400
Dave,

Error code "610" means that the ADSM API code cannot find the
ADSM API message  file (dscameng.txt).

This is normally caused when the batch or script file that
you are kicking off doesn't contain a "CD \adsm-install-dir\AGENTEXC"
before the call to EXCDSMC.  So, a few things to check:

  1. Make sure the following two files are in the
     "\adsm-install-dir\AGENTEXC" directory.
       - ASDMV3.DLL
       - DSCAMENG.TXT
     If not, reinstall the Exchange Agent.

  2. Make sure your script file changes to the correct
     directory BEFORE issuing the EXCDSMC command.
     For example:
            D:
            CD \WIN32APP\IBM\ADSM\AGENTEXC
            EXCDSMC /BACKUP:DIR,FULL
            EXCDSMC /BACKUP:IS,FULL

  3. Make sure the userid that you are running under has permission
     to read and write to the "\adsm-install-dir\AGENTEXC" directory.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development