ADSM-L

Re: database volumes

1998-07-28 19:13:39
Subject: Re: database volumes
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:13:39 +1000
Hi,

I'll just add a warning here after a bad experience over this past
weekend. We've been running for 2GB database volumes for quite a while
now. Over the weekend we did some reconfiguration on one of our ADSM
servers that involved blowing away the ADSM database. When we recreated
it, we decided to go for 4GB volumes. All well and good in theory, and
with dsmfmt. But the dsmserv format command failed. I can't remember the
exact message now but part of it was a very big negative number which
suggested that something had overflowed. We've logged a call with IBM
but haven't heard anything back as yet.

Trevor