ADSM-L

Re: Connect Agent For Lotus Notes

1998-07-28 19:05:57
Subject: Re: Connect Agent For Lotus Notes
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:05:57 +1000
Hi Mike,

We have 4 Notes servers in that range. We are now writing directly to
tape (3590). We used to go through a disk pool, but our disk pools was
only around 50GB and we were pushing 150+ GB a night through it. So we
decided to put the big Notes servers directly to tape, and leave the
disk pools to all of the other clients. If anything, we have been
getting better performance for these Notes servers now than before. We
get about 2-3 GB /hour now.

We are not currently using the Notes Agent. We've looked at it, and the
latest version seems to do everything that we want. But it is still on
the to do list.

All of our Notes servers are NT 4 and our ADSM server is AIX.

Trevor