ADSM-L

Re: Restoring Windows 95 Workstation

1998-07-28 16:38:31
Subject: Re: Restoring Windows 95 Workstation
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 16:38:31 -0400
None that I'm aware of. It is/was a separately purchased product. To be honest,
I don't even know if it's available any more (it's pretty old).

Besides the TCP/IP issue, you'll probably find yourself running into memory
issues, especially if you're dealing with large amounts of files. For disaster
recovery, you're better off with a different approach like that described in
the bare metal restore redbook, as Jerry Lawson suggests in another post on
this topic. Alternatively, you might consider the DRM bootable client.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 07/28/98 11:41:47 AM