ADSM-L

Policies, procedures, SLA, etc. for customer ADSM services

1998-07-23 13:00:01
Subject: Policies, procedures, SLA, etc. for customer ADSM services
From: Larry Sanders <sanders AT SHOWME.MISSOURI DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:00:01 -0500
Fellow ADSM administrators,

I am interested in learning about policies, procedures, service level
agreements, etc., that other ADSM installations have adopted for providing
ADSM services to your user communities.  I am particularly interested in
what other universities have done, but would be glad to hear from other
types of installations as well.

We have been using ADSM for some time, but mostly internally on machines
operated by our campus computing support organization.  We are now
considering how to provide ADSM services to other departments and users
across the campus.  Upper management is concerned about our organization
offering a backup service, but not being able to guarantee restores on
machines that we don't own and operate unless we install and configure
client software and perform and monitor the backups.  It is an issue of
establishing clear policies and procedures, and possibly different service
level agreements with different departments.  There are also cost recovery
issues.

I would greatly appreciate hearing how others have dealt with these
issues.  If you have policy and procedures documentation and sample
service level agreements that you could share, that would be great.
You can reply to me directly if you have information that you are willing
to share, but that you don't want to post to the list.

Thanks,
Larry Sanders                         Email:  cclrs AT showme.missouri DOT edu
Larry Sanders                         Email:  cclrs AT showme.missouri DOT edu
Information and Access                Phone:  573 882-6002
     Technology Services
University of Missouri - Columbia