ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Version 3 server install (NT)

1998-07-23 12:45:20
Subject: Re: ADSM Version 3 server install (NT)
From: Kells Kearney <kells AT WINTERLAND.MAINLAND.AB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:45:20 -0600

> When starting the install program for ADSM Version 3 on a NT server, I
> receive the following message and the installation donot start.
> Install detected an additional Winlogon shell extension
> c:\ibmavnt\iavlogon.exe . Due to software limitations the install will
> exit. Please see the Read Me First - Shell Extension Conflict section.
> We have IBM antivirus program installed on our server.
> I have looked at the Read Me First files and could not find the named
> section.

   Whoops!

  Ran into this one before.  You need to unload the IBM antivirus
program, run the install again, and then you can re-install the
antivirus checker.  I don't know if there is an open APAR with IBM
on this one, but I do know that it causes unhappiness.

kells

Any coincidence of opinions between myself and Mainland Information
Systems is exactly that.