ADSM-L

Re: ANR0534W

1998-07-21 20:54:11
Subject: Re: ANR0534W
From: Carl Makin <Carl.Makin AT IPAUSTRALIA.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:54:11 +1000
Please excuse the poor quoting.  Lotus notes doesn't allow reasonable
internet style quoting.

In the v3 backup GUI there's an option "Continue compressing if data
grows".  Perhaps unchecking that will help.

Carl.

We are having the same problem and have preferred to turn client
compression off rather than do away with the cache.  This seems to work
but is not ideal.  The problem seems to be worst on files that are
already compressed on the client, in our case MS Mail MMF files, which
actually grow when ADSM tries to compress them!  The space they need in
the storage pool is then more than what was originally asked for.