ADSM-L

TCP/IP Upon Conversion to 3.1.1.3

1998-07-20 15:13:14
Subject: TCP/IP Upon Conversion to 3.1.1.3
From: Virginia Hysock <Virginia_L_Hysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 15:13:14 -0400
Hi all,

     I have finally started testing my MVS server conversion from 2.1 to 3.1.  I
am seeing the following error message in my logs:

     ANR5099E Unable to initialize TCP/IP driver - error binding acceptor socket
1501 (rc=48)

     I have relinked the tcpip library, and I am able to connect to the server
as
an administrator.  Has anyone had experience with this message?

     Also - does anyone know what the change is in the DISABLE command under the
3.1 version?  I was able to issue it under the 2.1 server, but I get an error
message indicating another parameter is required under the 3.1 version.

Thanks for any help,

          Ginny