ADSM-L

Re: Controlled migration

1998-07-17 05:14:51
Subject: Re: Controlled migration
From: Simon Watson <Simon.S.Watson AT OPENMAIL.FIC32.BSPSER.SIMIS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 17:14:51 +0800
Roger,

We flush our disk pools daily by setting the hi & low parameters to 0
during the late afternoon and then reverting back to standard settings
prior to the start of the backup windows.  This works fine.  We also
backup the disk stgpool to the offsite tapes for a 2nd time just prior
to the flush to catch data that has been backed up during the day.
This just avoids an extra few tapes mounts later.

Cheers,
Simon