ADSM-L

Tape Questions - 3575 Library (Performance)

1998-07-15 18:10:01
Subject: Tape Questions - 3575 Library (Performance)
From: Kenneth Bradberry <bradberk AT OAKWOOD DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 17:10:01 -0500
     How's the performance on these 3575 libraries for everyone else?  We
     have purchased the 3575-L12 libraries with the 3070L-B drives.  The
     performance thus far as been less than expected.  I have dedicated an
     adapter per device, buffers of 256 and various block sizes, not
     getting any better than 8mm at this point.  We are running a J40 4-way
     with 112Mhz, and 512M of RAM, standard F/W scsi adapters.  Any advice
     on the tuning of these libraries.  I'm about to dig into the redbooks
     and device drivers at this point.

     Thanks,

     Ken.