ADSM-L

Novell Password problems

1998-07-14 17:08:08
Subject: Novell Password problems
From: Brenda Collins <brenda_s_collins AT GRACO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 15:08:08 -0600
     Has anyone experienced problems with Novell passwords and user I.D.'s
     and found a way to correct them?

     For some reason, my passwords get messed up and the ADSM schedule will
     be stopped waiting for I.D.'s and passwords. I am running servers on
     Novell 4.11.  I am not sure what has happened to cause it to come up
     or why when it does, the password does not work anymore.

     My backups will not run due to this problem.  I have the NWPWFILE set
     to yes.  I even tried to put the NWUSER parameter in the DSM.opt file
     but it didn't help. At this time, I have deleted the password files
     and tried to recreate a new password but it will not accept the I.D.
     or password. I am still getting the following messages:

     Connecting to a Novell Directory (Graco).

     07/14/1998 14:21:57 Please enter NetWare user for "Graco":
     Please enter the password on "GRACO" for NetWare user "QODSM1":
     ANS4974E Login denied to NetWare Target Service Agent 'GRACO'.
     07/14/1998 14:22:34

     Connecting to a NetWare File System (MP4).

     07/14/1998 14:23:21 Please enter NetWare user for "MP4":
     Please enter the password on "MP4" for NetWare user
     .QODSM1.MNMP.GRACO":

     ANS4974E Login denied to NetWare Target Service Agent 'MP4'.
     07/14/1998 14:24:06

     Connecting to a NetWare File System (MP4).

     Any help would be greatly appreciated!

     Brenda Collins,
     ADSM Admin.
     Graco, Inc.