ADSM-L

Re: New in ADSM-World - Problems with the understanding of the management classes

1998-07-14 03:09:31
Subject: Re: New in ADSM-World - Problems with the understanding of the management classes
From: "Caupain, Jerry" <gc097 AT CIVILITY.AMSTERDAM DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:09:31 +0200
Hello Katja,

It can be done with a second management class.
You can do this by defining an ADMIN command schedule that activates the
second management class before the backup.
After the backup you can run a schedule that activates the first
management class.
Your client can implement new disks and directories without giving you
notice.
ADSM automatically detects new files and disks.
I hope this solves your problem. If anyone has found a better way to
solve this problem I'd love to hear about it.

Jerry