ADSM-L

Re: Bad Tapes

1998-07-11 10:03:05
Subject: Re: Bad Tapes
From: Roger Nadler <Roger_Nadler AT SONYMUSIC DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 10:03:05 -0400
What is everyones experience with Quantum DLT Tapes? We have been finding
about 10 % of our XL III tapes develope errors. They are either read or
write errors and ADSM will mark the tape read only (if a write error) or
unavailable (if a read error).  Sometimes auditing the volume will set the
tape correct, but I always try to remove the data and mark the tape
destroyed. . I have replaced drives, cleaned tape heads on a shorter than
recommended cycle, but still have these errors. Quantum has no problem
accepting them back and sending me new ones. I just don't understand the
problem