ADSM-L

Re: backups to disk

1998-07-10 08:48:50
Subject: Re: backups to disk
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 07:48:50 -0500
We have a smallish disk storage pool to improve concurrency in backups.
We also have a much larger one that's dedicated to SQL-Backtrack.  I
found that the SQL-Backtrack jobs held the tape drives way too long and
caused problems.  Sometimes the session would show that it was waiting
to receive data for 20 minutes or more at a time.  Meanwhile, it had the
the tape drive locked so no other backups or processes could run.

Tina